Business Law For Small And Midsized Companies
We have more than three decades of experience providing efficient and cost-effective commercial and corporate law consulting, general counsel and litigation services for small and midsized companies in Alexandria and Fairfax. We’re accessible. We’re responsive. And we work at the same pace you do: fast.
We understand that your business makes the rest of your life possible. With so much at stake, you need it to start right, run right, and allow you to exit at the right time and for the right amount.
We help you protect your business and personal interests in every facet of operation.
From entity formation and contracts to transactions and disputes, we advise and represent startup, established or reorganizing businesses throughout Northern Virginia.
- Business formation: We provide registered agent services for entity selection and startup, and advice on the merits of forming as an LLC (limited liability company), corporation, partnership or family limited partnership.
- Contracts and agreements: We draft and negotiate operating, shareholder or partnership agreements; executive and employee agreements; standard and special contracts; and franchise agreements.
- Transactions: We advise and represent clients in the important details of buying or selling a business, commercial leases, and commercial real estate transactions.
- Bankruptcy and collections: We protect client interests in Chapter 11 reorganization, Chapter 7 liquidation, collection actions and creditors’ rights litigation.
Whether you find yourself as a plaintiff or defendant in a dispute, we’re here to watch your back, watch your bottom line, and protect your brand by seeking out-of-court resolutions when possible and upholding your interests in court when necessary. You can turn to us for matters ranging from unusual to routine, including:
- Contract disputes with customers, suppliers or other parties
- Broken transactions and lease disputes
- Partnership/shareholder disputes and business dissolution
- Business torts (tortuous interference, unfair business practices, trade secrets litigation)
- Securities fraud
- Employment law matters