Estate & Tax Planning Law to Maximize Your Asset Protection
Our sophisticated but affordable estate planning helps you protect a lifetime of accumulating assets and wealth, regardless of the size of your estate. If your total wealth exceeds $2 million, we can help you take advantage of federal estate tax exemptions to avoid or minimize the tax consequences to your heirs.
We understand that advance planning can be difficult and emotional. We’ll work closely with you on the prudent and practical decisions you need to make for the management of your estate in the event of your incapacity, and the smooth transfer of property in the event of your death.
We help you make sure your hard-earned assets and wealth are passed to the right people in the most expeditious manner and with minimum taxation. Tax planning is a moving target. Congress routinely adjusts the taxation threshold, sometimes retroactively. We keep you abreast of the very latest laws, and alert you to resulting new opportunities and risks.
Our estate law attorneys serve individuals, couples and small business owners throughout Alexandria, Fairfax, and the greater Washington, D.C., region. Our skills and experience span all areas of estate planning and tax law, including:
- Wills and trusts (such as credit shelter/bypass trusts, charitable remainder trusts, special needs trusts for an adult disabled child, and revocable living trusts)
- Powers of attorney (financial/legal affairs, health care decisions)
- Advance medical directives
- Appointment of guardians and trustees for minor children
- Probate and estate administration
When you’re ready to call, we’re ready to help. Call us at 703-836-9030, or contact us here.