Real Estate Law for Every Player in Our Dynamic Economy
Our 30+ years of real estate law practice have equipped us to handle any issue you face in matters concerning the purchase and sale of residential and commercial real estate, land use, contracting and small business, and title disputes, whether they arise in the context of contract issues, estates, bankruptcy or personal injury.
Real estate often represents the most valuable asset people and companies own. It is an essential element in the economic vitality of the Washington D.C., Maryland, and Northern Virginia, including Alexandria and Fairfax, area.
Whether you are an owner, landlord or tenant, or a realtor, lender or contractor, we offer counsel and representation that are both deeply knowledgeable and highly valuable.
No matter what side of a transaction or dispute you are on, we’re here to help. We provide you with hands-on representation in real estate transactional work, bankruptcy, land use, and real estate litigation. We combine vigorous courtroom advocacy with focused knowledge of title policy language, insurer liability issues, real property law, foreclosure process, leasehold interests and bankruptcy law.
- We focus on crafting pragmatic approaches and identifying creative “win-win” solutions.
- As experienced business attorneys, we consider your land use needs in context with your business organization and local planning requirements.
- We can assist you and guide you in land use planning, financing, expert selections, application submissions, board hearings and conditional purchase contracts.
- We strive to achieve the most economically efficient outcome for you through negotiation and, when necessary, litigation.
Contractors & Small Business:
- We provide you with aggressive, sensible litigation representation in the local courts as well before the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation.
- We regularly provide counsel on matters of entity formation.
- We draft legal documents, including leases, independent contractor agreements, construction contracts, asset purchases and mechanic’s liens.
- We understand receivables are your lifeblood. We can represent you in the collection of past due receivables in local courts as well as bankruptcy courts.
- Land title defects and disputes concerning land titles need not derail your real estate ownership plans. We’re experts on the distinct principles governing title deficiencies and title insurance coverages.
- We will evaluate the condition of record title, and help you resolve boundary disputes, clear title defects, establish appurtenant rights, and assure access.
- We’re well versed in the nuances of title insurance policy terminology.
- We’re especially familiar with case law bearing on issues ranging from eminent domain and easements by prescription to adverse possession.
- We take a systematic approach to assessing claims, assembling facts and background information, and conducting litigation.
- We constantly consult with you to achieve realistic, practical and constructive results.
When you’re ready to call, we’re ready to help. Reach us at 703-836-9030, or contact us here.
Foster S. B. Friedman
Mr. Friedman concentrates on planning and controversy matters involving estate and trusts. He has extensive experience advising clients on the transfer of wealth from one generation to another.
Ms. Meinken focuses her practice on estate planning and administration, as well as general corporate law and taxation. She represents individuals, estates, trusts, partnerships, LLcs and corporations.