Gretchyn G. Meinken
Gretchyn Meinken grew up in a U.S. Army family, living in Germany for the majority of her childhood. She moved to the Washington, D.C. Metro area after completing a Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Alabama in 2000. Ms. Meinken now calls Alexandria, Virginia home after residing here since 2001 (her longest stint in any one place).
Ms. Meinken focuses her practice on estate planning and administration, as well as general corporate law and taxation. She represents individuals, estates, trusts, partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations.
Ms. Meinken advises clients on the following types of matters:
- Administration of trusts and estates
- Comprehensive estate plans
- Hearings before the Commissioner of Accounts
- Estate and gift tax returns
- Foreign account disclosures
- Irrevocable trust modification and termination
- Lifecycle of partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Alexandria Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Trusts & Probate Section Member
- Fairfax County Bar Association, Wills, Trusts & Estates Section Member
- Board of the Junior Friends of The Campagna Center (2017-2021)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member and Board Member (2019-2021)
- Fourth District, Section II, Disciplinary Committee for the Virginia State Bar, Member (2017-2021)
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association, Northern Virginia Chapter, Past President (2015-2016), President (2014-2015), Treasurer (2012-2014), Board Member (2008-2018)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2011, 2018 2020 and 2021 Top Lawyer for Wills & Probate by Northern Virginia Magazine
- 2014, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021 Legal Elite by Virginia Business Magazine
- 2019-2023 Super Lawyers in Northern Virginia and Washington D.C.
- 2015, 2016 and 2017 Super Lawyers Rising Star for Northern Virginia and Washington D.C.
- 2019-2021 Top Attorneys by Arlington Magazine
- 2021-2023 Best Lawyers in America, U.S News & World Report
AREAS OF PRACTICE
50% Probate 25% Estate Planning 15% Corporate and Incorporation 10% Guardianship
Virginia, 2007 Maryland, 2009 U.S. Tax Court, 2009 District of Columbia, 2014
George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia J.D. - 2007 Law Journal: Journal of Law, Economics & Policy University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama B.S. Business Administration cum laude - 2000 Major: International Finance & German Minor: Economics