Jessica L. Leischner
Jessica L. Leischner is partner with Wade, Grimes, Friedman, Meinken & Leischner, PLLC. As an accomplished family law attorney, litigator and mediator serving Northern Virginia, Ms. Leischner represents clients in Fairfax County, Alexandria City, Arlington County, Loudoun County, Stafford County, and Prince William County. Ms. Leischner’s practice is exclusively in the area of family law, including divorce, child custody, visitation, child support, spousal support, equitable distribution, settlement agreements, property rights, post-divorce disputes and other family law matters. With the proximity to Washington, D.C., Ms. Leischner has extensive experience in cases involving federal government employees, military personnel, Foreign Service employees, including complex retirement issues. Ms. Leischner has widespread experience in litigation, as well as the negotiation and settlement of cases.
Dedicated to volunteering her time and legal skills to help low-income clients, Ms. Leischner takes on pro bono cases through Legal Services of Northern Virginia, helping clients on a volunteer basis with matters related to domestic violence, divorce, child custody, child support and other family law issues.
Ms. Leischner is the President of the Alexandria Bar Association Board, as well as a member of several other professional organizations. She mentors youth who have received the Alexandria Bar Foundation’s “Beat the Odds” scholarships, which are designed to help young people who have overcome adversity and gone on to pursue higher education.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Alexandria Bar Association, President 2019-2020
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Associations’ Young Lawyers, Member
- Virginia State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2020-2022 Best Lawyers in America, U.S News & World Report
- 2022 Super Lawyers for Northern Virginia and Washington D.C.
- 2013 – 2021 Super Lawyers Rising Star for Northern Virginia and Washington D.C.
- 2021 Top Attorney by Arlington Magazine
- 2020-2021 Top Lawyers by Northern Virginia Magazine
- 2011 Henry Carrico Pro Bono Award
AREAS OF PRACTICE
100% Family Law
Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska J.D. cum laude Doane College B.S. Honors: With High Honors
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
Pro Bono Attorney, Legal Services of Northern Virginia (LSNV) Volunteer Alexandria Animal Welfare League of Alexandria Alexandria Seaport Foundation The SCAN Foundation Carpenter's Shelter The Campagna Center