Bankruptcy Law To Protect Your Assets And Offer Peace Of Mind
We’ve helped hundreds of individuals and small businesses throughout Northern Virginia, including Alexandria and Fairfax in our 30+ years of practice. We help you understand your options and offer you guidance based on your particular circumstances.
We understand the out-of-control, desperate feeling that can come with being in life-crushing debt. You worry about possibly losing everything — your home, your wages, your ability to get credit in the future. And you have a ton of questions: What are my rights? How can I make harassing calls and letters from debt collectors stop? What will happen to me and my family?
We work with you to determine if bankruptcy is the best way to protect your assets and get a fresh start. And we answer all those ‘what if’ questions that can keep you up at night.
We handle all types of bankruptcy matters, including Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 for individual consumers and Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 for small businesses. We serve as a debt relief agency and help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Filing for bankruptcy halts collection actions and legal actions, at least temporarily. By asserting your debtor’s rights, we will:
- Work to save your paycheck from garnishment
- Spare your car from repossession
- Prevent the bank from foreclosing on your house
We also dispel common myths about bankruptcy, and address changes Congress made in bankruptcy law and how those changes affect your options. For example:
- The ‘hoops’ Congress put in the revised law
- How the law affects your possessions
- What you can do if you’re behind on your mortgage and facing foreclosure
- How bankruptcy can affect your credit score and your ability to qualify for future credit cards and loans
When you’re ready to call, we’re ready to help. Call us at 703-836-9030, or contact us here.