CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAW: SCHOOL BOARD REVIEW
School Board Review in Alexandria and Fairfax
In addition to protecting your child against a permanent criminal record if he or she has been accused of a crime, school board administrative hearings must also be handled carefully. Disciplinary actions can stay on a student’s records permanently. Especially in cases involving college students, this type of negative mark can cost a student a scholarship or important opportunities in his or her education or career.
We represent clients in Alexandria, Fairfax and throughout Northern Virginia in school board hearings involving disciplinary actions for criminal convictions or school policy violations. We have been representing Virginia clients for more than 30 years and we have a thorough understanding of your child’s rights when it comes to school board reviews and juvenile criminal defense matters.
We represent students of all ages with their school boards’ administrative disciplinary processes.
- We handle all aspects of college internal hearings and represent the interests of college students who want to stay in school and avoid long-term consequences for their lives and careers.
- We are also ready to represent children as young as grade school.
- With the increased focus on “zero tolerance” policies, anti-bullying campaigns and other efforts to keep schools safe, school boards are more aggressive than ever in penalizing students.
We represent students accused of:
- Weapons charges: Something as simple as a pocketknife in a backpack could result in expulsion.
- Drug crimes: In addition to marijuana, cocaine and other drug crime charges, we represent kids facing disciplinary action from carrying aspirin or ibuprofen to school for headaches.
- Sex crimes: Recently, a six-year-old boy was accused of sexual harassment by his elementary school for kissing a girl. Anything is possible, so it is important to have sound legal representation for school board review hearings. We represent students of all ages in sex crime claims that range from elementary school sexual harassment to college rape claims.
When you’re ready to call, we’re ready to help. Call us at 703-836-9030, or contact us here. All communications between our firm and potential clients remain entirely confidential.
Criminal Defense Attorney
Ms. Wade has represented clients charged with a wide range of offenses from traffic offenses to serious felonies such as aggravated malicious wounding, drug distribution, and sex crimes. Ms. Wade has tried over two dozen jury trials and hundreds of bench trials. Additionally, Ms. Wade has experience handling appeals and has appeared numerous times at the Court of Appeals of Virginia and the Supreme Court of Virginia, earning victories in both Courts.