Employment Law to Protect Your Rights
Our firm brings years of experience in employment law and EEOC litigation, and advocates for clients under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and other federal and state protections.
We understand that employment disputes can be emotionally, financially and professionally draining. Our sensible and practical approach to employment law emphasizes resolution and results and minimizes the hard feelings created in the confrontation and assertion of rights.
We help you stand up for your rights — whether you are a worker or an employer. We strive to return individuals to dignified, productive work while protecting their right to privacy. And we help employers do right by their employees while minimizing the company’s exposure to risk.
Our employment law attorneys represent individuals as well as businesses throughout Alexandria, Fairfax, and Northern Virginia.
Our broad expertise in advocating for workers includes:
- Employee contract and compensation issues (including failure to pay commissions, salary, benefits)
- Discrimination (age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability/failure to accommodate)
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination and whistleblower retaliation
- Family Medical Leave Act violations
- Unpaid overtime and other wage-and-hour claims
- Overly restrictive non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Slander and libel
- Interference with trade or business
- Federal sector employment law, representing federal employees in Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) complaints and other issues, such as:
- Adverse actions (discharge, demotion or grade reduction, suspension or furlough)
- Failure to hire or promote
- Medical exam/fitness for duty issues
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or Rehabilitation Act claims
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act claims
- Problems with federal pension or unemployment benefits
We also advise and serve Virginia businesses on employment matters, including:
- Representing the company in dispute resolution and litigation
- Drafting and negotiating noncompete agreements and employee agreements
- Helping employers develop employee manuals and compliant policies
- Advising companies on how to terminate a problem employee or respond appropriately to employee complaints
- Defending employers in adverse action, discrimination and libel/slander lawsuits
- Handling restrictive covenant, trade secrets and interference litigation
When you’re ready to call, we’re ready to help. Reach us at 703-836-9030, or contact us here.
Employment Law Attorney
Ms. Wade has represented clients charged with a wide range of offenses from traffic offenses to serious felonies such as aggravated malicious wounding, drug distribution, and sex crimes. Ms. Wade has tried over two dozen jury trials and hundreds of bench trials. Additionally, Ms. Wade has experience handling appeals and has appeared numerous times at the Court of Appeals of Virginia and the Supreme Court of Virginia, earning victories in both Courts.