We’ve spent decades as Alexandria and Fairfax family lawyers providing sound and well-considered guidance on child custody matters.
We’re All About You
- Guiding you through the unique pressures and difficulties that arise when your children become central to legal proceedings
- Taking the time to know you so we can understand your particular circumstances and tailor our personalized family law services to you, your needs, your goals
- We craft legal strategies designed to defend your — and your children’s — best interests
- We offer candid and frank advice, which is especially important in delicate custody and visitation matters
- You will be fully informed about your available legal options, which will help give you the confidence you need to feel empowered with respect to your and your children’s future
In particularly contentious and difficult custody cases, a parent might remove or retain a child in a foreign country. We have successfully litigated such cases, and have worked with the State Department (the U.S. is a signatory to the Hague Convention) and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, as they are indispensable resources for tracking abducted children and for providing evidence and expert testimony about the risk factors and effects of abduction on children.
Guardian Ad Litem
Two of our attorneys — who have met Virginia’s special qualifications — serve as Guardians ad Litem in applicable Virginia courts. A guardian ad litem is a court-appointed attorney who provides independent recommendations to the court about a child’s best interests in an abuse or neglect case or in a contested custody case (usually only if there are abuse allegations and/or one or both of the parents are not represented by counsel).
When you’re ready to call, we’re ready to help. Reach us at 703-836-9030, or contact us here.